Dompé is a biopharmaceutical Italian company focused on innovation, in which a long tradition in physical wellness and health is combined with a commitment in research and development for unmet medical needs. Dompé adheres to the Open Innovation culture and seeks to create an ecosystem that leverages contamination and connection to develop tomorrow's therapeutic solutions.
Dompé Side by Side for Innovation is an initiative promoted by Dompé, aimed at supporting innovation projects in two specific research areas: Ophthalmology and Nutrition.
All the Academic research groups or those belonging to research centers, both public and private, and the Start-Ups presenting an innovative idea that pertains to the research verticals mentioned (hereinafter also the "Participants") can take part in the Contest. In the field of Ophthalmology, any project that identifies new molecules, new targets and new technologies can be a candidate. The initiative is aimed at projects that are in the phase of discovery or early development. In the Nutrition area, both projects presenting digital solutions (wearable, platform, digital tools and new technologies) and more scientific solutions like new compositions or formulations will be accepted. Projects can be submitted by anyone who meets the participation requirements described in this document.
For each area of application, the type of support can vary based on the nature of the beneficiary and the purpose of the interaction. In particular, partnerships or equivalent interactions will be taken in consideration only for private applicants. Similarly, support for public entities will be executed in compliance with the entity’s procedures and the relevant rules and regulations. In any case, such support will not exceed the amount of 20.000 EUR and will be provided based on the objectives of the approved initiative submitted in the application phase to SideBySide4Innovation.
Participants must send their applications from 5 July to 31 October 2018. The two winning
proposals will have the opportunity to be presented during an event on Open Innovation organized
Dompé, which will be held on a date to be decided and no later than 31 December 2018.
How to Participate
To participate in SideBySide4Innovation, participants must complete the registration form
("Application form") on the Dompé website, in the section dedicated to Open Innovation (http://
- The deadline for submitting your project is 31 October 2018;
- Each application must indicate a main contact person;
- The fields indicated by * (asterisk) are mandatory;
- The documents to be uploaded (CV and Executive summary) must be uploaded in PDF format;
- Any video must be uploaded on dedicated video streaming portals and inserted in the registration form by link
- The executive summary must not exceed 2 pages;
- Curriculum vitae must be uploaded for each team member.
Dompé will perform a pre-screening of the proposals received on the basis of the (i) consistency
and correctness of the documentation presented and (ii) the correspondence of the project to the Ophthalmology and Nutrition areas.
The selected projects participating in the contest will be evaluated by an evaluation committee independent from Dompé, made up of experts in the two research areas coming from the university world and from experts in the business world. The proposals will be selected on the basis of specific evaluation criteria and at the end of the process will be elected a winner for each research area. Dompé also reserves the right to select - among the candidate projects - a participant with whom to start a collaboration perspective aimed at facilitating the development of the project. In this case an agreement will be negotiated between Dompé and the selected participant aimed at regulating the interests of the parties. In accordance with the art. 6 letter a) of the D.P.R. n. 430/2001, the event does not constitute a prize event as it relates to "the presentation of projects or studies in the commercial or industrial field in which the awarding of the prize to the author of the selected work is equivalent to the payment for work or represents the recognition of personal merit or a title of encouragement in the interest of the community ". The confirmation of the winners is subject to approval by the Dompé Special Initiatives Committee. The Evaluation Committee will evaluate the applications received and select the 2 winning proposals by adopting the following evaluation criteria:
- Scientific solidity of the research project
- Innovation capacity and clarity
- Degree of Disruptiveness
- Market Target, Ambition and User Needs
-Each criterion is assigned a score between 1 and 5 (1 poor, 5 excellent).
-Each criterion has an acceptability threshold of 3.5
-The sum of the weighed criteria constitutes the evaluation of the proposal
-Criteria weights are assigned as follows:
- Scientific solidity of the research project: 1
- Innovation capacity and clarity: 1.5
- Degree of Disruptiveness: 1.5
- Market Target, Ambition and User Needs: 0.5
- If a tie is to occur, the proposals with the highest value of the criteria will be selected: Capacity and Clarity of Innovation and Degree of Disruptiveness.
The Evaluation process foresees, once the phase of collection of proposals is completed:
1. Verification of eligibility requirements;
2. Assignment of proposals to the independent expert pool;
3. Assignment of the evaluation score of the proposal by the external jury;
4. Compilation of a classification and indication of the winners (one for Nutrition and one for Ophthalmology);
5. Evaluation of the eligibility of the winning proposals by the Dompé Special Initiatives Committee to verify the congruence of the amount requested compared to the development plan;
6. Final ranking and determination of the winners.
- Participation is free and does not involve any obligation or commitment of any nature outside
conditions set out in these Conditions of Participation;
- Each participant can submit a single idea in a single search vertical (Ophthalmology or Nutrition);
- All documents must be in Italian or English;
- Participants, submitting their candidacy and documents for participation in the competition, declare that the information provided is true and that each decision of the evaluation committee will be accepted unconditionally;
- During the completion of the registration form, consent will be required for the processing of personal data.
At any time, the Participant may exercise the rights provided for in articles 15-22 of the Regulations such as: (i) receive confirmation of the existence of your personal data and access their content (access rights); (ii) update, modify and / or correct your personal data (right of rectification); (iii) request the deletion or limitation of the processing of data processed in violation of the law, including those whose retention is unnecessary for the purposes for which the data were collected or otherwise processed (right to be forgotten and the right to limitation); (iv) to oppose the processing (right of opposition) for legitimate reasons; (v) withdraw the consent, where provided, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the treatment based on the consent given prior to the revocation; (vi) receive a copy of the data in an interoperable format and / or request that such data be transmitted to another data controller (right to data portability). To exercise these rights you can send your request to the Data Controller at the following email address: email@example.com; or to the Data Protection Officer for Dompé farmaceutici S.p.A., Mrs. Amalia Crescenzio, at the following email address: DPO@dompe.com.
The documents uploaded together with the Application form will be treated as non-confidential information and Dompé has no obligation to keep them secret. The 2 projects, submitted by the participants, who will be awarded the prize will be made public during the event organized by Dompé. Following the completion of the Application Form and the uploading of documents, in the subsequent technical-scientific in-depth phase regarding the content of the selected candidate projects, steps will be taken with the Participants to guarantee the protection of the ideas and for the discipline of intellectual property rights.
Given the modalities of participation in the initiative, Dompé assumes no responsibility for technical, hardware or software malfunctions, network connection interruptions, failed, incorrect, inaccurate, incomplete, illegible, damaged, lost, delayed user registrations, incorrectly addressed or intercepted, or about registrations of Participants, that for any reason have not been received, electronic or other communications that have been delayed or about other technical problems related to the registration and uploading of content in the context of this initiative.
Participants in the Dompé initiative guarantee that the contents sent:
- Do not contain any material in violation of rights, positions or claims of third parties (with reference to the law on copyright and industrial property and other applicable laws or regulations);
- Do not contain any illicit material, prohibited by law or contrary to what is indicated in these Conditions of participation;
- Are freely and legitimately usable in accordance with the provisions of these Terms of Participation as the participant is the owner of the rights to use them, or in that it has acquired the availability of all the subjects entitled, having taken care of the full compliance and / or satisfaction of the rights, also of an economic nature, due to the authors of the contents and / or works from which such contents are derived and / or extracted, or to other subjects entitled to, or due to the use of rights related to according to the law. Those participating in the Dompé initiative side by side for innovation claim to be aware that the responsibilities, including criminal, of the contents of the projects delivered, in order to participate in the initiative governed by these Conditions of Participation, are their sole and exclusive responsibility, relieving Dompé from any third party claims;
Each participant in the Dompé initiative declares that he has not had and does not have any dependency relationships with the company itself Participants who belong to Research Centers or Universities also declare to be authorized by the Entity to share the project entered in the contest.